Fan balloting has ended for this year’s Pro-Bowl. The leading vote-getter at running back was the Vikings‘ very own Adrian Peterson, who finished sixth among all players with 753,000 votes. Viking fullback Tony Richardson won his position in the NFC with 204,000. The fan vote counts for 1/3 of the final Pro-Bowl tally, the other 2/3 being split between the coaches and players.
Here were the top-ten overall vote-getters:
1. Brett Favre, Packers, QB, 1,140,863
2. Tom Brady, New England, QB, 1,037,608
3. Peyton Manning, Indianapolis, QB, 991,418
4. Tony Romo, Dallas, QB, 830,789
5. Randy Moss, New England, WR, 806,455
6. Adrian Peterson, Vikings, RB, 753,294
7. Terrell Owens, Dallas, WR, 700,779
8. Joseph Addai, Indianapolis, RB, 698,484
9. LaDainian Tomlinson, San Diego, RB, 606,381
10. Jason Witten, Dallas, TE, 596,867
AD is surely deserving of a trip to Hawaii – he’s still the second-leading rusher in the league, despite missing a bunch of time, and leads in yards/carry and is third in rushing TDs. Richardson, I believe, won the balloting mostly based on name recognition, and the fact that when you lead-block for the best run offense in the league, you’re going to get some props. When all is said-and-done, I believe the Vikes will also at least send Steve Hutchinson and Matt Birk, and should also send Pat Williams (who has 54 tackles, a lot for an interior d-lineman), maybe Kevin Williams (who has 2 INT returns for TDs), and hopefully E.J. Henderson (who is 10th in the NFC in tackles, has 3.5 sacks and 3 forced fumbles, and has tallied umpteen huge plays).