There’s not much to say about last night’s final preseason game. I caught about ten minutes of it total in between watching the Cubs game and keeping one eye on CNN to see if John McCain would try to upstage Barack Obama by announcing his running mate (he waited till today to spring Sarah Palin on us). What I saw of John David Booty didn’t reassure me much. I’ve already seen all I ever need to see of Brooks Bollinger so I didn’t bother with the second half. Brad Childress apparently wasn’t impressed with either. Chilly said of his battling QBs’ performances:
Both quarterbacks were average. Is that disappointing? Yeah. Average is about the worst thing you can say about somebody. Average.
Actually, “terrible” is worse than average. So are “God-awful,” “atrocious” and “vomit inducing.” Average would actually be a good thing for this team about now. If Tarvaris Jackson can just manage to have an average season the Vikings will probably find themselves in the playoffs. But I get what Chilly’s saying anyway. Neither QB wowed anyone. I imagine the Vikes will end up taking Booty and booting Bollinger. If something should happen to both T-Jack and Gus Frerotte, they can always find someone on the waiver wire.
- Brian Robison apparently played well, which is good news in the wake of his varicose vein surgery.
- Chilly said Robison and Otis Grigsby played “at a different speed” than everyone else on defense.
- Bobby Wade saw a lot of action. Don’t know why.
- Chris Kluwe was praised for his punting.
- Preseason is over. Can I get a hallelujah?