Bob Sansevere of the Pioneer-Press did one of those “get to know the player” pieces on Phil Loadholt, the Vikings’ gigantic new right tackle. Among the things I now know about Phil that I didn’t before:
- He likes to fish.
- He hears the Mall of America is pretty nice.
- If you are eating lunch with him and you grind your teeth on the fork, he will get angry.
- When he was 7, he used to steal the milk out of his baby sister’s bottle and make her cry. Perhaps that’s how he got so large?
- He has zero taste in movies.
- Ditto books.
- He hates snakes and spiders. But how does he feel about scorpions?
- Getting busted for DUI was just a dumb mistake.
- He wants to be President Obama for a day “to find out how hectic it is.” Bullcrap. He just wants a shot at Michelle.
I’ve read several of these questionnaire-type pieces on players, and not one of them has ever been into Russian ballet, New Wave cinema or the Flemish masters. Weird.