The injury-and-ailment bug is biting big-time in Mankato. A quick laundry list of the players affected:
- Sidney Rice, on the PUP list with a bad hip.
- Cedric Griffin, on the PUP list as he recovers from ACL surgery.
- E.J. Henderson, able to practice but being held back somewhat as he recovers from his broken leg.
- Percy Harvin, tweaked an ankle on Saturday but returned the next day. And then his grandmother died and he had to leave camp.
- Benny Sapp, got dehydrated on Sunday and hasn’t been back on the field since.
- John Sullivan, got kicked in the calf during a drill, missed a couple days then came back, then was gone again Friday morning.
- Steve Hutchinson, has missed some time with a bad shoulder.
- Adrian Peterson, has experienced tightness in his leg, missed three days of practice, was back Friday.
- Darius Reynaud, was carted off the field Wednesday with a sprained ankle, will be out a couple weeks.
- Naufahu Tahi, left the field Friday morning and returned with a wrap on his leg.
- J Leman, hasn’t practiced in several days with an apparent leg injury.
I’m guessing that most of these situations, if they came up during the regular season, wouldn’t be enough to keep guys out of actual games. But when it’s camp you exercise caution.
Because, as everyone (and especially Brett Favre) knows, camp means nothing unless you’re trying to win a job.