Yup it’s almost that time. Time for training camp. Time for the Vikings to check in at the new dorms in Mankato and get down to the work of preparing for the 2013 season.
As we wait for camp to crank up, I thought I’d list the ten things I’m most looking forward to from Mankato. Let’s get busy.
10. Rookies getting duct-taped to goal posts. God that never gets old. Jock stuff. So hilarious.
9. Rick Spielman in shorts. Those legs.
8. Scrums between second-string defensive linemen and third-string tight ends. Because feistiness is good.
7. News shots of guys drinking water from hoses. Yes we remember Korey Stringer.
6. Common Man player interviews. He cares so much about this stuff, you can tell.
5. Crappy beat reporter phone video of unidentifiable players doing things way the hell over there.
4. Mike Wobschall defending a terrible Christian Ponder practice session with some gobbledygook about “overcoming adversity.”
3. Meaningless Jerome Simpson acrobatics. Seriously. We know he can jump okay? His job is to CATCH.
2. 53-man roster projections!
1. Fans getting way too carried away in their love for some UDFA nobody on the basis of one great practice play. That guy you think is the next Adrian Peterson? Yeah. He ain’t even gonna make the team. And he’s not gonna make any other team either. But of course we know the Vikings will regret cutting him. You saw him play in college once and he’s a stud. Somebody just needs to give him a chance.
Topics: Minnesota Vikings