The Minnesota Vikings are continuing to add experience to their coaching staff. This time, it comes in the form of Jerry Gray.
Gray was formerly the defensive coordinator for the Tennessee Titans. At 51 years old, he has had a lot of experience in dealing with defenses. He has been a defensive coordinator for many years and a former first round draft selection back in 1985.
Here is a full list of his experience as a player:
- Los Angeles Rams (1985-1991)
- Houston Oilers (1992)
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1993)
- Tennessee Titans (1999-2000): defensive backs coach
- Buffalo Bills (2001-2005): defensive coordinator
- Washington Redskins (2006-2009): defensive backs coach
- Seattle Seahawks (2010): defensive backs coach
- Texas Longhorns (2011):Assistant Head Coach/defensive backs coach
- Tennessee Titans (2011-2013): defensive coordinator
A coach of his experience is going to help out this young Vikings secondary immensely. Let’s hope he can help turn things around for the struggling Minnesota secondary.