With the 2014 NFL Draft only one month from today, you’ve seen me do mock drafts that have anyone from Teddy Bridgewater to Khalil Mack landing in Minnesota. One of the things that make the NFL Draft so interesting is that anything can happen. Teams that are supposed to be locks to take a certain player can pick someone that they’ve hidden their love for. Teams can trade out of situations where there is an obvious talent that they need available. And, of course teams can reach for a player that doesn’t quite meet the value at their pick.
The Vikings currently hold the #8 overall pick in the first round of the draft. There are groups of the fan base that want to see a quarterback picked. Others prefer a linebacker. Some are interested in a cornerback. And then there are those who think it would be best to trade up or down for extra picks or to get the guy they really want.
This brings up an interesting poll question. I’m curious how the readers of The Viking Age feel about the Vikings first round selection. So here it is:
What should the Vikings do with the #8 overall pick in the 2014 NFL Draft?
- Select Khalil Mack (OLB from Buffalo) (35%, 165 Votes)
- Trade down for more picks (20%, 94 Votes)
- Select Johnny Manziel (QB from Texas A&M) (13%, 62 Votes)
- Select Teddy Bridgewater (QB from Louisville) (9%, 44 Votes)
- Select Blake Bortles (QB from UCF) (5%, 24 Votes)
- Select C.J. Mosely (MLB from Alabama) (5%, 23 Votes)
- Select Sammy Watkins (WR from Clemson) (5%, 23 Votes)
- Select Justin Gilbert (CB from Oklahoma State) (3%, 16 Votes)
- Trade up for a specific player (describe in comments) (2%, 7 Votes)
- Select a different player (describe in comments) (1%, 5 Votes)
- Select Darqueze Dennard (CB from MIchigan State) (2%, 3 Votes)
Total Voters: 466