With the news that two Minnesota Vikings players had been released, there came the news that two new faces were added to the team. Those two players were wide receivers Andy Cruse and Ty Walker.
Here is a little bit about each of the new players for the Minnesota Vikings:
Andrew Cruse – Wide Receiver
- Height: 6’3″
- Weight: 216 pounds
- Experience: 1 season (Houston Texans)
- NFL Stat Line: No recorded stats
- Personal Info: Played his college football at Miami (Ohio) where he had 160 catches for 1,662 yards and 14 touchdowns in 4 years. Reshirted in 2008 and then worked to become the school’s starting “X” receiver. He studied Special Education and wants to become a coach or a teacher. However, if he succeeds as an NFL player, he may not ever get to use that degree. His size gives him an advantage over several players going into camp.
Ty Walker – Wide Receiver
- Height: 5’10”
- Weight: 191 pounds
- Experience: 1 season (Green Bay Packers)
- NFL Stat Line: No Recorded Statistics
- Personal Info: Played his college sports at Illinois State. Released by Green Bay prior to the 2013 NFL season to make the cut for the 53 man roster. He was a standout in Packers training camp, but tough decisions are made all the time in the NFL and Walker didn’t get the opportunity to stay with the Packers for the season. He’s looking to earn a shot with the Vikings by doing the same kind of impressing that made him a noted player last year.
These players will face stiff competition going into camp. However, it will be great to see some extra competition from some young players that we can get to know in Minnesota Vikings uniforms. I can’t wait to see them in action this preseason.