2 of 5
The Good Stuff from week 11
- Marcus Sherels is back on punt returns. It’s nice to have a punt returner who can be elusive and has experience putting the team in a good spot. He is one of the most solid return men in the league and can contribute well in other special teams aspects as well.
- Adam Thielen can do wonderful things. This seems to be a regular part of these columns lately. The more opportunities Thielen gets, the more he impresses. His sure hands and solid route running make him a great target for an efficient and accurate quarterback like Sam Bradford.
- Xavier Rhodes had a day. Any time a defensive back can get two interceptions in a game is great. It’s even better when one of those can be returned for 100 yards for a touchdown. Rhodes is such an important part of this team’s defense and he continues to show why every week.
- Cordarrelle Patterson has shown his worth. Coming into this season, it was easy to be skeptical about Patterson’s future. But his willingness to work hard on his craft has appeared to have paid off. His contributions of offense as well as special teams were a big reason for this win.
- Jeff Locke has been consistently good. Sure, a couple of punts have gone awry this season, but, for the most part, Locke has been a reliable weapon in the field position game. That new punting technique this season appears to be doing wonders for his success.