This has been germinating in my brain for awhile, but frankly I didn’t want to say it cause, well, I’m flat-out sick of everything having anything to do with Brett Favre. Now, however, the time has come to face up to the thing, no matter how it may pain us:
It looks an awful lot to me like the whole Jay Cutler situation is part of some master scheme by Brett Favre and Bus Cook to get Brett out of New York and onto the Vikings, without Brett having to stab the Jets in the back.
There, I said it. You can call me crazy all you want. You can even email the guys who own this site at [email protected] and tell them to fire me for being a lunatic. I don’t care. I can’t help it. The conspiracy is so plain that I can’t imagine anyone not seeing it. The dots…just connect the dots, man:
- Jay Cutler gets enraged because the Broncos fire their offensive staff along with Mike Shanahan. The situation becomes worse when new head coach Josh McDaniels attempts to trade for Matt Cassel.
- Bus Cook starts whispering in Jay’s ear that he can get himself traded if he whines enough.
- Meanwhile…Brett Favre retires, saying he could probably still play but doesn’t want to force the Jets to release him because he respects the front office.
- Bus Cook, as we all know, is also Brett Favre’s agent, and was the mastermind behind Brett’s campaign to force his way out of Green Bay.
- Cook’s campaign against the Broncos puts them in a position where they almost have no choice but to trade Cutler.
- And now…a report from Gary Myers of the New York Daily News says the Jets have told the Broncos they want Cutler.
So what happens if the Jets acquire Cutler? Brett goes to them and says, “Well, I had my agent help you get Cutler. So my debt is paid. I’d like to play one more season with the Vikings and stick it to Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy, whom I hate worse than acid reflux and non-Wranglers jeans put together. Please give me my release.”
You think the Jets won’t accommodate him? You think he won’t be on the phone to Brad Childress immediately after they do?
Like I said, call me crazy. Just remember this in a few months when Brett Favre is introduced as a member of your Minnesota Vikings.