It’s our first mock draft of the 2013 offseason. Let’s roll this thing out.
1. Kansas City Chiefs – Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
I don’t think there’s anyone out there who believes Geno Smith is Andrew Luck or RG3 or Russell Wilson. But he’s a quarterback and it’s a quarterback league. And we know how god-awful the Chiefs are at quarterback. Or just generally.
2. Jacksonville Jaguars – Mike Glennon, QB, N.C. State
QB league. Jacksonville has dog poop back there. Glennon is the rising QB prospect along with Ryan Nassib of Syracuse.
3. Oakland Raiders – Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
Big, huge potentially dominating interior lineman. Can always use one of those.
4. Philadelphia Eagles – Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
Will go from blocking for Johnny Football to blocking for goodness only knows. Probably Nick Foles.
5. Detroit Lions – Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
It’s all about the front four for Detroit. If I were them I would draft nothing but defense.
6. Cleveland Browns – Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M
Best pass rusher in the draft? Possibly
7. Arizona Cardinals – Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
They need lots of offensive linemen. Lots.
8. Buffalo Bills – Matt Barkley, QB, USC
QB league. Buffalo obviously wants to move on from Ryan Fitzpatrick. They will fool themselves into thinking Barkley can be the man.
9. New York Jets – Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
Defense is their identity and their defense sucked last year.
10. Tennessee Titans – Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
Has to be an Alabama guy in the top 10 somewhere. So much talent on that team.
11. San Diego Chargers – Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
No more Norv. We’ll see how it turns out for them.
12. Miami Dolphins – Keenan Allen, WR, Cal
The young QB looks pretty good, now get him somebody to throw the ball to.
13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
The new Peanut Tillman if you believe the scouts. Fits that defense.
14. Carolina Panthers – Jonathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State
They could use some more impact players on defense.
15. New Orleans Saints – Barkevious Mingo, DE, LSU
He won’t have far to move his stuff.
Topics: Minnesota Vikings