By now, folks should be familiar with the Greg Jennings Foundation. His foundation began as an attempt to help youth organizations and underprivileged kids by raising money through donations, fund raisers, and organizational events.
The Greg Jennings foundation announced the recipients of the of their 2013 2013 BE GREAT After School Grants. Each organization will receive a portion of a $50,000 grant to help support specific youth education projects. Here is a quick list of the 6 organizations from Michigan and Minnesota that will benefit:
From Kalamazoo, Michigan:
- Big Brothers and Big Sisters, A Community of Caring – High School Bigs
- Boys and Girls Club of Greater Kalamazoo – Supplemental Learning Program
- Communities in Schools of Kalamazoo – Just Unleashing My Potential (JUMP) After-School Program
- Kalamazoo Symphony Orchestra – Kalamazoo Kids In Tune
- Mt. Zion Baptist Church – After School Homework Center
From Minneapolis, Minnesota:
- Hospitality House Youth Development – Urban Learning Center
Recently, Jennings has been getting a lot of negative attention for his comments and writings about the Green Bay Packers. In the chaos of the barrage of negative media, people sometimes forget about the positive things that people do that can make a positive effect on the community.
For more information about the Greg Jennings Organization, check out the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Greg-Jennings-Foundation/115208698531507
- Twitter: @GJenningsFound
- Website: http://www.GJenningsFound.org