It’s finally here. IT IS DRAFT DAY!
The first round of the 2014 NFL Draft will be held today at 7 pm Central Time.
The Vikings currently hold the #8 overall pick in the 2014 NFL Draft and also have the #40 overall pick tomorrow.
What do you think will happen? Here are some options that could happen today for the Vikings:
- Stay put at #8 and select a player
- Trade up from #8 for a player they want
- Trade down from #8 for more picks
- Trade up from the #40 pick back into the first round
There are many options floating around out there as far as prospects for the Vikings. Here is a short list of just some of the names we’ve heard for the Vikings to select at #8 overall in 2014 NFL Draft mocks:
Johnny Manziel, quarterback – Texas A&M
- Blake Bortles, quarterback – UCF
- Teddy Bridgewater, quarterback – Louisville
- Aaron Donald, defensive tackle – Pitt
- Jadeveon Clowney, defensive end – South Carolina
- Khalil Mack, linebacker – Buffalo
- Mike Evans, wide receiver – Texas A&M
- Anthony Barr, linebacker – UCLA
- C.J. Mosley, linebacker – Alabama
- Darqueze Dennard, cornerback – Michigan State
- Justin Gilbert, cornerback – Oklahoma State
- Ha-Ha Clinton Dix, safety – Alabama
- Calvin Pryor, safety – Louisville
With thoughts and opinions all over the board as to what the Vikings will do today in the 2014 NFL Draft, I’m interested to hear what you think will happen. Will the Vikings trade up, trade down, or stay put? Will they select one of the top prospects listed above, or will they pick a player that some of the mock drafts haven’t even considered for Minnesota?
With less than 6 hours to go before the 2014 NFL draft, things are going to get intense. I’ll be keeping an eye on this post and the comments all throughout the day and even during the draft. If you have something to add to the discussion, please do so in the comments.