November 15, 2015; Oakland, CA, USA; Minnesota Vikings cornerback Antone Exum (32) tackles a trespasser during the fourth quarter against the Oakland Raiders at O.co Coliseum. The Vikings defeated the Raiders 30-14. Mandatory Credit: Kyle Terada-USA TODAY Sports
- Are wide receivers just not getting open? Teddy Bridgewater had time to find his wide receivers, but didn’t pull the trigger. Sadly, watching on tv makes it difficult to see if the issue is Teddy being conservative or the pass catchers not getting open. Either way, it’s not good when Bridgewater throws the ball away or takes a sack.
- Linval Joseph is not only big, but he swears big too! Near the end of the first half, Joseph stripped the ball on a tackle and attempted to cover the ball, but lost it in the scrum. After getting out of the pile, he swore so loudly that the announcers actually apologized on his behalf.
- Antone Exum had to tackle a Raiders fan who ran onto the field. He may not get many chances in the Minnesota Vikings defense but he showed that he’s got some tackling skills bringing down a fan who jumped the wall and decided to run around the field.
- The announcers kept calling Derek Carr by his brother’s name. I get it. They have the same last name. However, Houston Texans quarterback bust David Carr isn’t quite the kind of player you want associated with you, even if he is your flesh and blood. Luckily, Carr doesn’t seem to be following in his brother’s footsteps.
- Saying that the Vikings haven’t won in Oakland since 1996. Sure, it’s true. But it was also just one loss in 2003 during that time span. Stats can be used to make anything sound worse or better than it really is when manipulated. That’s one reason I hate major sports outlets sometimes.
Next: Overall Impressions