Week 9’s NFL Power Rankings are here! The Vikings offensive woes continued on Monday night vs the Bears. This week they play the Lions at US Bank Stadium.
The Vikings season has hit a drastic bump after losing to a 2-6 Bears team. Norv Turner resigned out of nowhere earlier this week just to make things even crazier. Already dealing with injuries and offensive struggles the week 8 loss to Chicago loosened Minnesota’s grip on the NFC North and made them slide down the NFL power rankings.
However, NFL Week 9 has arrived! The Vikings play the Lions this week in a game that really feels like it will make or break their season. Starting guard Alex Boone and linebacker Eric Kendricks will be out of the game with concussions.
And now, the NFL Power Rankings for week 9:
1. New England Patriots (7-1) Last Week: 1 – They are simply a machine.
2. Dallas Cowboys (6-1) Last Week: 3 – Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott are the best pair of rookies to come out of the draft in a long time.
3. Denver Broncos (6-2) Last Week: 5 – Broncos are a very quiet 6-2 and are tied at the top of a very talented AFC West.
4. Atlanta Falcons (5-3) Last Week: 6 – The Falcons have the offensive firepower to make a run in the playoffs.
5. Oakland Raiders (6-2) Last Week: 10 – Is it finally the year? Yes it is, the Raiders are making the playoffs.
6. Kansas City Chiefs (5-2) Last Week: 9 – Despite Alex Smith leaving the game twice on Sunday, the Chiefs beat the Colts easily. Smith will be out this weekend against the Jaguars.
7. Green Bay Packers (4-3) Last Week: 7 – They don’t fall because the game was so close. It was incredible for them to be competitive with the number of players out last weekend.
8. Minnesota Vikings (5-2) Last Week: 2 – What has happened to our team? It would be nice to finally see some touchdowns in the first three quarters.
9. Seattle Seahawks (4-2-1) Last Week: 4 – Their offense is struggling, but I expect them to turn it on.
10. Pittsburgh Steelers (4-3) Last Week: 12 – They will be getting Roethlisberger back this week. Expect to see the Steelers really get rolling.