3 of 5
The Bad Things
- T.J. Clemmings is really struggling. Whether it is penalties, holding, or missing blocks, Clemmings continues to prove that left tackle might not be the best position for him going forward. Hopefully, Minnesota can find a strong player to hold that position down this offseason.
- Jerick McKinnon throwing a football. I’m not sure how this play ever got past the concept phase. It was a bad read, bad throw, and nearly a change of possession. Hopefully this play never sees the light of day again during a Vikings game.
- Catching a scrambling quarterback. What is it with containing a quarterback on 3rd down? With great coverage down the field, quarterbacks have taken advantage of the Minnesota defense in these situations on 3rd down and no adjustments are ever made to prevent it.
- A 16 yard punt. I’m not even sure how to go about this. I get punting it close to the goal like with back spin to give your team a shot to down it near the goal line, but a short kick made the punt a joke after the bounce. At that point, you’re better off angling it out of bounds…ditto for his 25 yard effort later on.
- Finishing drives. The Vikings may have controlled the clock and picked up a lot of first downs, but they couldn’t get the ball in the end zone. While Forbath did a nice job making his kicks and the defense held the Cowboys well…the offense just plain didn’t do enough to help.