4 of 5
The Interesting Occurrences
- Ron Yary sounding the Gjallarhorn. As readers of TVA know, I’m a huge fan of the offensive line. That’s why when I heard that a Pro Football Hall of Fame lineman from the Vikings would have the honor of sounding the horn, I got REALLY excited.
- Nice color rush, Cowboys. I get that the Cowboys team colors aren’t exactly dynamic, but there has to be SOMETHING the team can do to give their uniforms a unique look. There may be some noticeable differences close up, but it just looked like white jerseys during the broadcast.
- Having the Vikings legends on hand. It would be amazing to see the former members of the Vikings who have been inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Yary joined up with many others to do a Mannequin Challenge before the game and get rings at halftime. Not a bad day for the legends!
- Fancy kicks. In a league where players can be fined for every silly thing in the world, it’s great to see a rule being loosened for a good cause. The players got to wear painted shoes with great causes or inspirational messages on them that would be auctioned for charity following the game.
- The Vikings sure know how to lose games. Minnesota loves to play games with its fans. This season, they leave the door open wide enough to give hope that this could be a win…only to watch it creak closed and break hearts. No wonder I have high blood pressure.