4 of 5
The Interesting Stuff
- Danielle Hunter finally got his first (and second) sack of the season. He’s gotten plenty of pressure but hadn’t brought down a quarterback until this week. Sometimes statistics don’t always tell the whole story, and Hunter’s pressures were getting masked by his lack of sacks.
- Griffen being chipped. Earlier this week, Griffen called out Lions OT Robinson for being ‘lazy’. The Lions aren’t doing much to change the impression of the offensive lineman, giving lots of help against the Vikings defensive end.
- Linval Joseph gets his first sack of the season, too. The Lions paid a lot of money to upgrade their offensive line, but the Vikings were able to swarm to Stafford and take him out of his rhythm early and often. And when the big fella gets going, it’s hard to stop him!
- Non-contact knee injuries. There are a few things that scare Vikings fans. Too much success and knees have to be at the top of that list. Now, Dalvin Cook can be added to the list of Vikings stars who struggle with a knee issue, and fans will need to wait and hope for good news.
- The streak. I knew I should have gotten tickets to this game. The Vikings have still never lost when I was at a game, and their only 2 losses at home this season (including preseason) were when I was not there. C’mon, Vikings. Hook me up with those season tickets!