4 of 5
The Interesting stuff from Week 8
- The Star-Spangled Banner and God Save The Queen. With not just one, but two national anthems played, it opened up more opportunities for political activism. Thankfully, there didn’t seem like a serious reason to be concerned about interpretation this week.
- A lot of purple in the crowd. For a neutral location where Cleveland is supposed to be the home team, there are an awful lot of Vikings fans in attendance. It’s almost like a home game on the road…almost.
- Is the field an issue? Two punt returners and inability to cut properly without sliding down to the ground were common issues during the game, making me wonder just how much of an impact this playing surface had on the contest itself.
- Not a catch? Stefon Diggs made a great play in the 4th quarter on 3rd down on what looked like an amazing grab that was ruled incomplete after review. He had the ball in his hands and his knee came down in bounds…so I don’t get it.
- Greg Gumbel and Trent Green. Back to back weeks with these commentators are a bit odd. Last week, these two were not on top of their game, and this week wasn’t much better. Hopefully, there is a bit more variety going forward.