As part of the NFL’s My Cause My Cleats campaign, a number of Minnesota Vikings players will be wearing custom footwear this Sunday against the Atlanta Falcons.
Each year, the NFL and its players donate a good chunk of change to various charities around the country with campaigns like Salute to Service for military appreciation and Crucial Catch for cancer research.
This week, the league will be allowing players to wear custom cleats as part of the My Cause My Cleats campaign. A number of players on the Minnesota Vikings’ roster will be participating in this week’s festivities and showing off their fancy footwear on Sunday when they take on the Atlanta Falcons.
In total, 16 members of the Vikings will be taking part in the My Cause My Cleats campaign including Adam Thielen, Everson Griffen, Harrison Smith, and Stefon Diggs among others. Below is the full list of Minnesota players that will be participating and what charity or foundation they will be representing.
- Anthony Barr, LB – Raise the Barr Foundation
- Joe Berger, OG – Team Keegan
- Stefon Diggs, WR – American Heart Association
- Everson Griffen, DE – American Cancer Society and Perspectives
- Eric Kendricks, LB – The Sheridan Story and Sacks for Kids
- Emmanuel Lamur, LB – Lamur Family Charity
- Kevin McDermott, LS – NOverdose
- Xavier Rhodes, CB – Kidz1stFund, Matter, and Northside Boxing Club
- Brian Robison, DE – Reel ‘Em In Foundation and K9s4COPs
- Kyle Rudolph, TE – U of M Masonic Children’s Hospital
- Harrison Smith, FS – Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Adam Thielen, WR – Bolder Options
- Laquon Treadwell, WR – Greater Twin Cities United Way
- Trae Waynes, CB – Humane Society
- Stephen Weatherly, DE – One Love Foundation
Hopefully for Minnesota, their fancy footwear will help them get a big victory over the Falcons on Sunday and increase their winning streak to eight games in a row.
No word yet on if Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer will be wearing custom glasses this week.