4 of 5
The Interesting Stuff
- More Buck and Aikman. I still hate that the Vikings are in the NFC only because that means I have to tolerate the commentary duo of Troy Aikman and Joe Buck. I think I could tolerate them separately…but together it is like nails on a chalkboard.
- Stay Classy, Philadelphia. The reports of throwing beer and eggs at Vikings fans as they entered the stadium as well as air horns being sounded outside the hotel room are just the tip of the iceberg. It’s just a game, guys…assault isn’t the answer.
- The first red zone turnover. Minnesota has been very safe with the ball this season, but their first turnover in the red zone this season happened when Case Keenum was sacked and stripped of the ball.
- The ‘Foles’ Chant. Leave it to Eagles fans to take the SKOL Chant and adapt it to their team. I mean, if the Vikings didn’t want it to happen, they shouldn’t have put forth this kind of performance this week.
- The streak continues. In my 37 year lifetime, I’ve never seen the Vikings in a Super Bowl. That streak will continue as the Vikings folded in one of the most disappointing games I’ve ever watched as a fan.