NFL Experts weigh in on Vikings chances of Week 4 win vs Rams
By Adam Carlson
The Minnesota Vikings are underdogs according to experts as they face off against the undefeated Los Angeles Rams in Week 4 of the 2018 NFL season.
Let’s be honest, the Minnesota Vikings looked really bad against the Buffalo Bills in Week 3. The team failed to look competitive against one of the worst teams in the league at the time, and for that reason not a lot of teams are taking the purple and gold too seriously.
Still, this Vikings team has a load of talent at their disposal as they head into Los Angeles to take on the undefeated Los Angeles Rams in a game which will test the resolve of this Minnesota team.
It’s not a shock that nearly every expert is picking the Rams to win the Thursday Night Football game. However, last week nobody was giving the Bills a chance to win either…so there’s proof anything can happen on the football field.
Here are how the experts are picking the game:
Picking the Minnesota Vikings
- ESPN – Kimes
That’s right, Mina Kimes from ESPN is the ONLY expert bold enough to pick Minnesota. Mina is also fresh off a big extension from ESPN and just got her own podcast, so let’s hope she knows what she’s talking about!
Picking the Los Angeles Rams
- Bleacher Report – Staff: “while that disaster against the Buffalo Bills might have been an anomaly, this isn’t the time or place for a bounce-back performance.” (Score prediction: Rams 30, Vikings 20)
- CBS Sports – Pete Prisco: “The Rams are flying high on offense, but they have some issues on defense this week with both corners out with injuries.” (Score prediction: Rams 24, Vikings 21)
- CBS Sports – Ryan Wilson: “The Rams’ offense is damn-near unstoppable and the loss of two key defensive players won’t change that.” (Score prediction: Rams 30, Vikings 20)
- NFL.com – Elliot Harrison: “The Vikings’ primary mission — their only mission — should be figuring out better ways to protect Kirk Cousins.” (Score prediction: Rams 24, Vikings 20)
- NY Times – Marc Stein: “The Vikings should rebound some from last week’s embarrassing loss to Buffalo, but against the Rams they are outgunned.” (Score prediction: Rams by 7)
- Pro Football Talk – Mike Florio: “The Rams are too good, the Vikings are too distracted, and the season is too short for Minnesota to dig out of an early hole that is destined to entail a 1-3-1 start.” (Score Prediction: Rams 30, Vikings 20)
- Pro Football Talk – Michael David Smith: “You don’t go from losing to the Bills at home one day to beating the Rams on the road four days later.” (Score prediction: Rams 31, Vikings 17)
- Sporting News – David Steele: “Jared Goff vs. Kirk Cousins qualifies as a top-notch quarterback matchup … except they’re facing loaded defenses.” (Score prediction: Rams 34, Vikings 28)
- Twin Cities Pioneer Press – Kevin Cusick: “there’s a good chance Thursday that, after getting crushed by Aaron Donald and Ndamukong Suh, No. 8 will need to have the ball surgically removed from his ribcage.” (Score prediction: Rams by 9)
- CBS Sports – Pete Prisco, Jason LaCanfora, Will Brinson, Jared Dubin, Ryan Wilson, John Breech, Dave Richard, Jamie Eisenberg
- ESPN – Bowen, Clay, Golic, Graziano, Qerim, Riddick Siefert, Wickersham, Wingo
- SBNation – RVB, Stephen White, Geoff Schwartz, Charles McDonald, Adam Stites, Christian D’Andrea, Rebecca Toback
Looking at this list can be frustrating for Vikings fans, but picking the Rams is the safe pick. They are on a roll, winning three straight by double-digit margins. Also, the underdog role is always nice to fuel the fire of a team looking to bounce back after back-to-back weeks of disappointment.
Will the Minnesota Vikings emerge victorious in Week 4 against the Rams on Thursday Night Football or will their woes continue? Give us your pick in the comments section below!