2 of 5
The Good Stuff vs Cardinals
- Running the ball. The Vikings actually created some holes for the running back against the Cardinals, allowing Latavius Murray to get some chances to make things happen. And the stiff arm he laid out on Minnesota’s first rushing touchdown of the season was beautiful! 195 rushing yards is something the Vikings should be very proud of!
- Stepping up. Through the first five weeks of the season, Anthony Barr has been picked apart in coverage and has struggled in getting to the quarterback. In only the first quarter of this game, he had a pass defense and a forced fumble. This is the version of Barr the Vikings need!
- Running the football. Even without Dalvin Cook, the Vikings finally had their first 100-yard rusher of the season. Latavius Murray did a great job of using his power and vision to get some great yardage on the ground, and hopefully, his success flows throughout the season.
- #19 is a machine. Receivers don’t get better than Adam Thielen. He makes clutch catches and has been racking up the stats, catching 11 passes in this game for 123 yards and a score in this game plus an amazing catch while going to the ground near the sideline. He’s just so good!
- That Vikings defense. A big goal-line stand is always great. Getting an interception is good as well. But when you can keep a team from converting a single 3rd or 4th down all game long, that’s quite an accomplishment. Arizona might not be an offensive juggernaut, but going 0-12 on converting those plays is very impressive.