16. Tony Dungy
- Position: Defensive coordinator
- Years with Vikings: 1992–1995
- Years in the NFL as a player: 1977-1980
- Years in the NFL as a coach: 1981-2008
- Other teams associated with: Pittsburgh Steelers, San Francisco 49ers, New York Giants, Kansas City Chiefs, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Indianapolis Colts
- Enshrinement year: 2016
As a player, Tony Dungy spent a lot of time as a backup or on special teams but was on the Super Bowl XIII champion Steelers team before being traded to the 49ers and ending his career with the Giants in training camp.
But let’s be honest here, Dungy is best known for his time as the head coach of the Indianapolis Colts when the team won Super Bowl XLI with Peyton Manning as the quarterback. He had a head coaching record of 148–79 (including playoff games)
Minnesota Vikings fans may remember Dungy for his time as the defensive coordinator for Minnesota for four years in the 1990s before he got the call for a promotion to become the head coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Dungy is a two-time Super Bowl champion who was named to the NFL 2000s All-Decade Team
and was also inducted into the Indianapolis Colts Ring of Honor in 2010 as well as the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Ring of Honor in 2018.