3 of 5
The bad things vs Miami
- Giving one away. With the Vikings up 21-0, Minnesota shoots themselves in the foot by telegraphing a screen to Stefon Diggs which is intercepted and returned to the house. Those are the kind of plays teams just can’t have.
- Lack of discipline. Whether it’s a false start, holding, or illegal hands to the face, the Vikings can’t afford to be moving their offense backward. With a new play-caller and the offensive woes as of late, it just can’t happen…especially when negating a Minnesota first down.
- Thielen getting smothered. By now, teams know how good Adam Thielen is and are doing everything they can do to keep him from getting the ball. He was held to two catches during the game for just 19 yards, but also only had two passes thrown his way. Still, it would be nice to see his yardage and catches go up!
- Giving up the big play. During the first drive of the second half, Dolphins running back Kalen Ballage tore off a 75-yard rushing touchdown showcasing some incredible speed. Momentum continued to go to Miami after that play, and Minnesota struggled to get it back.
- A rough day. Laquon Treadwell struggled in this game, only getting one pass thrown his way and not being able to haul it in. In addition, his usual solid work in the blocking game was poked fun of pretty badly on Twitter by former Vikings quarterback Sage Rosenfels.