4 of 5
The interesting stuff in Week 15
- Sounding the horn! This week, it was former Minnesota Twins legend Kent Hrbek who sounded the Gjallarhorn before the game to get the fans all riled up. He puffed those cheeks up and really made it look good for the camera and everyone in the stadium got loud!
- Too many turnovers. Kirk Cousins may have led this team to some on some great drives early in the game, but his pick-six is just part of his struggles this year. That was his SEVENTEENTH turnover of the season (ten INTs, seven fumbles), the most of anyone in the NFL.
- The Hometown Hero. This week, the Vikings honored former defensive lineman Alan Page as their Hometown Hero for receiving the Presidential Medal of Freedom earlier this year. Apparently, the crowd at U.S. Bank Stadium absolutely loved it!
- Now they call it! A leverage penalty was called against Miami in the fourth quarter and that just brings back bad memories of that same infraction not being called last week against the Seattle Seahawks. At least there won’t be another letter of apology coming to Minnesota this time.
- The streak is broken. One of the biggest knocks on the Vikings is that they hadn’t beaten a team with a winning record this season. Well, that ended this week, with Minnesota getting a victory over the 7-6 Miami Dolphins. At least we can all stop hearing that statistic now.