4 of 5
The interesting stuff from Week 16
- Zylstra got rocked. Returning a punt before the end of the first half, Brandon Zylstra took a massive hit before the ball arrived, bouncing off his head and landing on his bottom. The young man got right up, but he may be a little more careful when covering for Marcus Sherels in the future.
- Movin’ on up! With his performance this week, Kyle Rudolph moves to ninth place all-time in Vikings receiving yards, passing Hassan Jones. What a great game from him and he should keep gaining yards for several more years to come.
- A pair of milestones. Kirk Cousins has now completed the most passes in a season for the Vikings, passing the previous record of Sam Bradford. In addition, he surpassed 4,000 yards on the season during this game. He is the first to do that since Brett Favre was in Minnesota.
- A familiar face. It’s always a good sign when the opposing team’s quarterback sits down and the backup comes in due to the score being out of hand. And when that passer for Detroit is Matt Cassel, it becomes a little more interesting and fun!
- It’s all down to Week 17. If the Vikings can beat the Bears next week or both Minnesota and the Philadelphia Eagles lose, the purple and gold will be heading to the Wild Card round of the playoffs. Expect U.S. Bank Stadium to be rocking for that contest!