More bad things
When did Marvin Jones become the best wide receiver in the league? The Vikings seemingly had no answer for the Lions pass-catcher, as he torched the Minnesota secondary for 93 yards on ten catches with FOUR touchdowns.
Danny Amendola led the way for Detroit with 105 yards on eight catches, but Minnesota’s defense couldn’t contain either one. sometimes, there just seems to be those players who have another team’s number…and that might just be the case when it comes to Jones.
Here are some other bad things to come out of Week 7 for the Minnesota Vikings:
- Dumb penalties. On the first two drives of the game, three holding or pass interference penalties were called against Minnesota. Detroit is too good of a team to give extra opportunities to..and Mike Zimmer won’t allow that to happen too often.
- A hamstring issue. While catching a touchdown pass from Kirk Cousins, Adam Thielen was forced to attempt to tap his toe near the back of the end zone. He was able to do it, but he came up with a hamstring injury that left him questionable to return to the game.
- Another week, another mention. Wondering what is wrong with Xavier Rhodes has become a weekly practice. He looks like a shell of who he used to be for the Vikings, making me wonder if he’s dealing with an injury, confidence problems, or something else. If they can get the “Rhodes Closed” again, that would be a massive benefit to the defense.
- Hitting home. The Vikings got some pressure on Stafford, but the team was only able to bring him down twice. Pressures are great to force tough throws, but Minnesota’s talented pass rush needs to be able to finish the plays.
- Get better soon. It was odd seeing the Minnesota Vikings offense without Adam Thielen. He doesn’t miss much time on the field at all and can be a dangerous weapon when he’s available. Hopefully, he can have a quick and full recovery to return to the lineup soon.
What did you think were the best and worst things from the Week 7 game between the Minnesota Vikings and Detroit Lions? And what other things that weren’t mentioned stood out to you? Let us know in the comments!