Minnesota Vikings make 5 transactions ahead of Week 11 vs. Cowboys
By Adam Carlson
The Minnesota Vikings made some roster adjustments to prepare for Week 11 against the Dallas Cowboys.
On Sunday, the Minnesota Vikings will host the Dallas Cowboys in a contest that could extend their winning streak to four games if they can emerge victoriously from the contest during America’s Game of the Week.
To prepare for the game, the team needed to make some adjustments at several spots in order to have depth and talent available. Considering the number of talented players on the Cowboys roster, it is important to have the best squad available.
Saturday saw the Minnesota Vikings announce five transactions on their official Twitter account ahead of Sunday’s big game. Here is a breakdown of the moves:
- C.J. Ham, fullback – Activated from COVID-19 List: There was some concern that Ham might miss this game but he will be available to play on Sunday and act as the lead blocker for Dalvin Cook.
- Tristan Vizcaino, kicker – Signed to the practice squad: The team lost their previous practice squad kicker when the Jaguars poached Chase McLaughlin by signing him to their main roster. Vizcaino is his replacement and would only be elevated if something happens with Dan Bailey.
- Andrew DePaola, long snapper – Signed to the practice squad: Minnesota has had issues with their long snapper in the past and bringing in the 33-year-old who played with four teams before signing with the Vikings is a bad sign for Austin Cutting.
- Andrew DePaola, long snapper – Elevated to 53-man roster: DePaola will be available if the team needs him on Sunday against the Cowboys. It is even possible that he could handle long snapping duties during the game to see how the team operates with a different player in the position.
- Aviante Collins, offensive line – Elevated to 53-man roster: Since the Vikings will be without Ezra Cleveland against Dallas, it isn’t a surprise to see an offensive lineman be brought in to be available against the Cowboys.
Vikings Power Rankings: Minnesota inches upward after Week 10 win
The Minnesota Vikings may have beaten the Chicago Bears in Week 10, but you wouldn't know it from looking at the power rankings of NFL experts.
Congratulations to Andrew DePaola and Tristan Vizcaino for signing with the Minnesota Vikings as well as to Aviante Collins and C.J. Ham for returning to the team’s 53-man roster.