The Viking Age Podcast – Episode 13: Previewing the Jaguars with UCF Jaguar
By Adam Patrick
Can the Jacksonville Jaguars upset the Minnesota Vikings this week?
After the first six weeks of the 2020 NFL season, the Minnesota Vikings and Jacksonville Jaguars were sitting with the same amount of wins. Both the Vikings and Jaguars were only able to come away with one victory in their first six games.
Since then, however, Minnesota has been able to turn things around as they now find themselves back in the NFC playoff race with a 5-6 record after winning four of their last five matchups.
Unfortunately for Jacksonville, they haven’t experienced any sort of turnaround. In fact, the Jaguars are 1-10 as they haven’t been able to add a single victory since their first win happened all the way back in Week 1 of the season.
How worried should the Minnesota Vikings be about the Jacksonville Jaguars?
On the latest episode of The Viking Age Podcast, I was joined by Dalton Dee, who is better known as UCF Jaguar on YouTube. He was kind enough to share some of his knowledge about the Jaguars and what the Vikings might have to be concerned about when it comes to their opponent on Sunday.
During the episode, Dalton and I discussed a number of topics related to this weekend’s game including…
- Yannick Ngakoue’s exit from Jacksonville and Minnesota
- First memories of the Jaguars
- Impressive Jacksonville rookie running back, James Robinson
- How Dalton is able to continue rooting for the Jaguars despite their struggles
- Who Jacksonville’s head coach and general manager will be in 2021
- Why Jaguars would select a QB with the No. 1 pick in the 2021 NFL Draft
- How Jacksonville could potentially upset the Vikings on Sunday
- Will the Jaguars be able to stop Dalvin Cook?
- Dalton’s confidence in Jacksonville actually getting a win in Minnesota
Despite Minnesota being a heavy favorite this week (10.5 points by FanDuel), they still shouldn’t underestimate the Jaguars on Sunday.
During the last four weeks, Jacksonville has lost by four points or less to the Houston Texans, Green Bay Packers, and Cleveland Browns. The Jaguars’ record is obviously terrible, but they are totally capable of taking advantage of the Vikings if they think Sunday is going to be a walk in the park.
6 current Vikings who might not be on the roster in 2021
Which current members of the Minnesota Vikings roster might not be around when the team returns to the field for the first time in 2021?
Make sure to subscribe to The Viking Age Podcast (Apple – Spotify – Google) for reactions to Minnesota news and rumors, game previews, and interviews with current and former Vikings players.