Vikings free agency primer 2023: Targets, timeline, returning players, and everything you need to know
By Adam Patrick
What will end up being some of the biggest Minnesota Vikings free agency moves during the 2023 offseason as they look to improve their roster?
With the team not expected to have a ton of spending money, we probably won’t be seeing many major Minnesota Vikings free agency moves this offseason. Things could potentially change before free agency officially begins in March, but for now, the Vikings’ free-agent additions this year likely aren’t going to be any of the major names that are expected to be available.
When does Minnesota Vikings free agency start in 2023?
Minnesota and the rest of the teams in the NFL will officially be able to sign free agents at 3 p.m. CT on Wednesday, March 15th.
Teams will actually be able to begin negotiating potential contracts with free agents at 11 a.m. CT on Monday, March 13th, but, once again, no deals can officially be signed until March 15th.
How much cap space does Minnesota have in 2023?
Currently, the Vikings are more than $23 million over the salary cap, according to OverTheCap.com. Minnesota needs to be under the 2023 salary cap amount of $224.8 million by 3 p.m. CT on March 15th.
Which Vikings players are hitting free agency in 2023?
Vikings Unrestricted Free Agents
- Kris Boyd – CB
- Garrett Bradbury – C
- Jonathan Bullard – DL
- Andrew DePaola – LS
- Bisi Johnson – WR
- Greg Joseph – K
- Alexander Mattison – RB
- Nick Mullens – QB
- Patrick Peterson – CB
- Austin Schlottmann – C/G
- Duke Shelley – CB
- Irv Smith Jr. – TE
- Chandon Sullivan – CB
- Dalvin Tomlinson – DL
- Oli Udoh – OT
Vikings Restricted Free Agents
- Ben Ellefson – TE
- Kenny Willekes – Edge
Vikings Exclusive-Rights Free Agents
- Blake Brandel – OT
- Khyiris Tonga – DL
Possible free-agent targets for the Vikings target in 2023
- Andy Dalton – QB (New Orleans Saints)
- C.J. Beathard – QB (Jacksonville Jaguars)
- Cooper Rush – QB (Dallas Cowboys)
- Raheem Mostert – RB (Miami Dolphins)
- Darrell Henderson – RB (Jacksonville Jaguars)
- Ronald Jones II – RB (Kansas City Chiefs)
- Allen Lazard – WR (Green Bay Packers)
- Brandon Powell – WR (Los Angeles Rams)
- Mecole Hardman – WR (Kansas City Chiefs)
- Hayden Hurst – TE (Cincinnati Bengals)
- Jordan Akins – TE (Houston Texans)
- Dan Arnold – TE (Jacksonville Jaguars)
- Isaac Seumalo – OG (Philadelphia Eagles)
- Nate Davis – OG (Tennessee Titans)
- Ethan Pocic – C (Cleveland Browns)
- Ogbonnia Okoronkwo – Edge (Houston Texans)
- Kyle Van Noy – Edge (Los Angeles Chargers)
- Trey Flowers – Edge (Miami Dolphins)
- Matt Ioannidis – IDL (Carolina Panthers)
- A’Shawn Robinson – IDL (Los Angeles Rams)
- Larry Ogunjobi – IDL (Pittsburgh Steelers)
- Leighton Vander Esch – LB (Dallas Cowboys)
- Drue Tranquill – LB (Los Angeles Chargers)
- Kyzir White – LB (Philadelphia Eagles)
- Cameron Sutton – CB (Pittsburgh Steelers)
- Jonathan Jones – CB (New England Patriots)
- Byron Murphy Jr. – CB (Arizona Cardinals)
- Taylor Rapp – S (Los Angeles Rams)
- Marcus Epps – S (Philadelphia Eagles)
- Devin McCourty – S (New England Patriots)
- Robbie Gould – K (San Francisco 49ers)
- Greg Zuerlein – K (New York Jets)
- Michael Badgley – K (Detroit Lions)