The Minnesota Vikings won’t have star wideout Justin Jefferson in Week 6 against the Chicago Bears after he was placed on injured reserve with a hamstring injury.
Jefferson could miss even more time than the minimum four weeks, as ESPN’s Adam Schefter pointed out the Vikings’ struggles – and Jefferson’s contract – as two reasons why he’d miss more time.
Here’s the latest on the star wideout and his recovery from his hamstring ailment.
Justin Jefferson injury status for Week 6 game vs. Chicago Bears
Jefferson will not play in Week 6 – or the Vikings next four games – after he was placed on injured reserve.
Best Minnesota Vikings prop bet with Justin Jefferson out in Week 6
KJ Osborn anytime touchdown scorer
Someone is going to have to step up with Jefferson out, and receiver KJ Osborn could be that player after he saw nine targets and made five catches in Week 5.
Osborn and Jordan Addison should both see a jump this week, but Osborn has longer odds to find the end zone. He’s worth a shot against a Chicago defense that is easily attacked through the air.
The Bears are one of the worst defenses in the NFL, allowing 12 passing touchdowns and 7.7 net yards per pass attempt this season. Jordan Addison may be the trendy pick here, but I think Osborn offers a little more value.
No matter how you plan to wager in the prop market, consider doing so at FanDuel Sportsbook.
New users that sign up with the link below will receive $200 in bonus bets if they wager $5.
Justin Jefferson injury history
This will be the first game that Jefferson has missed in his NFL career. The wideout has dealt with a few minor injuries, but he always found a way to play through them.
- Aug. 2021: Shoulder A/C Joint Sprain
- Oct. 2021: Pedal Ankle Sprain/Pull
- Nov. 2022: Pedal Toe Turf Toe
- Oct. 2023: Hamstring – placed on injured reserve
When is Justin Jefferson coming back?
The earliest that Jefferson can return for the Vikings is in four weeks since he was placed on injured reserve.
The star wideout may be good to go then, but if he’s still not 100 percent, Minnesota may be cautious with his return to the field if the team is out of the playoff hunt.
The next game that Jefferson could play in would be on Nov. 12 against the New Orleans Saints.
Minnesota Vikings next 5 opponents
- San Francisco 49ers, Monday, Oct. 23
- Green Bay Packers, Sunday, Oct. 29
- Atlanta Falcons, Sunday, Nov. 5
- New Orleans Saints, Sunday, Nov. 12
- Denver Broncos, Sunday, Nov. 19
Chicago Bears injury report
- Kyler Gordon – Limited Thursday
- Eddie Jackson – Limited Thursday
- Cole Kmet – Limited Thursday
- Terell Smith – Limited Thursday
- Khalil Herbert – DNP Thursday
- Roschon Johnson – DNP Thursday
- Lucas Patrick – DNP Thursday
- Travis Homer – DNP Thursday
- Marcedes Lewis – DNP Thursday
- Equanimeous St. Brown – DNP Thursday
Minnesota Vikings injury report
- Jordan Addison – Limited Thursday
- Justin Jefferson – placed on IR
- Akayleb Evans – Limited Thursday
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.
Find Peter Dewey's betting record here.