The Minnesota Vikings won’t have Justin Jefferson for yet another week after he wasn’t activated off of injured reserve on Saturday.
That means that Jefferson is ineligible to play on Sunday Night Football against the Denver Broncos, and the next chance he’ll have to return is in Week 12.
This is a big blow to the Minnesota offense, as the team will rely heavily on Jordan Addison, TJ Hockenson and KJ Osborn in the passing game in Week 11.
Justin Jefferson injury status for Week 11 game vs. Denver Broncos
Jefferson was listed as questionable for Week 11, but he will remain on injured reserve after the team failed to activate him on Saturday.
Best Minnesota Vikings prop bet for Week 11 game vs. Broncos
TJ Hockenson OVER 55.5 receiving yards
With Jefferson out, the Vikings are once again going to rely on Hockenson, who has thrived with Josh Dobbs under center.
Hockenson is coming off a 134-yard receiving game, and he’s cleared 55.5 yards in four straight games for Minnesota. I expect him to be heavily targeted in this game against a Denver defense that is still among the worst in the NFL despite improving in recent weeks.
If you want to bet on Hockenson, consider doing so at Caesars Sportsbook! New users can get their first bet on Caesar, up to $1,000!
Justin Jefferson injury history
The past five games are the first contests that Jefferson had missed in his NFL career.
The wideout has dealt with a few minor injuries, but he always found a way to play through them. Now, he’s expected to miss a sixth straight game.
- Aug. 2021: Shoulder A/C Joint Sprain
- Oct. 2021: Pedal Ankle Sprain/Pull
- Nov. 2022: Pedal Toe Turf Toe
- Oct. 2023: Hamstring – placed on injured reserve, missed last five games
When is Justin Jefferson coming back?
Jefferson’s next chance to play will be on Monday Night Football in Week 12 against the Chicago Bears. However, Minnesota has a Week 13 bye, so it’s possible the team will hold him out until after that week.
Jefferson has stated a desire to return when he’s at 100 percent, so there doesn’t seem to be a rush to get him back – especially since Minnesota has been winning games.
Minnesota Vikings next 5 opponents
- Chicago Bears, Monday, Nov. 27
- Las Vegas Raiders, Sunday, Dec. 10
- Cincinnati Bengals, Sunday, Dec. 17
- Detroit Lions, Sunday, Dec. 24
- Green Bay Packers, Sunday, Dec. 31
Minnesota Vikings injury report
- Brian Asamoah – questionable, ankle
- Akayleb Evans – out, calf
- Jaren Hall – out, concussion
- Justin Jefferson – questionable, hamstring
- Alexander Mattison – questionable, concussion
- Nick Mullens – questionable, back
- Chris Reed – questionable, foot
Denver Broncos injury report
- P.J. Locke – out, ankle
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.
Find Peter Dewey's betting record here.