Teddy Bridgewater Nominated For Pepsi Rookie Of The Year
By Adam Carlson
Minnesota Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewater has been nominated for the Pepsi Rookie of the Year award.
Bridgewater is part of a very impressive group of rookies that all are deserving of the award in their own way. Here is the list of nominees for the the prestigious award:
Oct 19, 2014; Arlington, TX, USA; New York Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham (13) runs the ball after making a catch in the second quarter against the Dallas Cowboys at AT&T Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Tim Heitman-USA TODAY Sports
Odell Beckham Jr. – WR – New York Giants
- Beckham won the Pepsi Rookie of the Week award four times during the course of the season (weeks 12, 15, 16 and 17). He finished the year with 91 catches for 1,305 yards and 12 touchdowns in his 12 games played. Beckham ended the season on a high note, gaining over 130 yards and scoring a touchdown in each of his last four games.
Teddy Bridgewater – QB – Minnesota Vikings
- Bridgewater won the Pepsi Rookie of the Week award twice this year (weeks 4 and 13). He ended the season with 2,919 passing yards and 14 passing touchdowns in his 13 games played. Bridgewater notched the third highest completion percentage for a rookie in NFL history, completing 64.4 percent of his passes during his rookie campaign.
Dec 14, 2014; Charlotte, NC, USA; Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Mike Evans (13) before the game at Bank of America Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Bob Donnan-USA TODAY Sports
Mike Evans – WR – Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Evans didn’t win a Pepsi Rookie of the Week award during the regular season, but that doesn’t mean he didn’t put together an impressive rookie year. The dynamic pass catcher totaled 68 catches for 1.051 yards and 12 touchdowns despite uncertainty at the quarterback position. The 6’5″ wide receiver became the youngest wide receiver ever to have a 200 yard game.
Jeremy Hill – RB – Cincinnati Bengals
- Hill won the Pepsi Rookie of the Week award for week 9 this season. Despite sharing carries with Giovanni Bernard this year, he showed that he wouldn’t be content waiting behind him. Hill rushed for 1,124 yards and scored 9 touchdowns adding 215 yards on 27 catches. He also ended the season on a high note, gaining over 100 yards in his last three games.
Sammy Watkins – WR – Buffalo Bills
- Watkins won the Pepsi Rookie of the Week three times this year (weeks 2, 7 and 8). After being the #4 pick in the 2014 NFL draft, he ended up having a nice season for the Bills, catching the ball 65 times for 982 yards, scoring six touchdowns. He accumulated over 100 yards receiving in four games this year.
You can vote for your choice to win the Pepsi Rookie of the Year award at http://www.nfl.com/voting/rookies/2014/YEAR/0.
Congratulations go out to Teddy Bridgewater and the Minnesota Vikings on the nomination for Pepsi Rookie of the Year and good luck goes out to them on their chances of winning the award.
More from The Viking Age
- 6 biggest draft steals in Minnesota Vikings history
- Former Vikings first-round pick could reportedly return to NFC North
- Bears analyst has extremely embarrassing Kirk Cousins take
- 6 Vikings who (maybe) won’t make the 53-man roster in 2023
- Predicting what the Vikings will do in the 2023 NFL Draft based on 2022