Teddy Bridgewater Accepts Pepsi Rookie Of The Year Award
By Adam Carlson
At first, it was rumored that Minnesota Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewater would be named the Pepsi Rookie of the Year last night, but it was finally made official when he was handed the trophy.
Teddy Bridgewater beat out some really tough competition for the award. Here is a list of the other players who were up for the honor to be voted for on the NFL.com website:
- Odell Beckham, Jr – WR – New York Giants
- Sammy Watkins – WR – Buffalo Bills
- Mike Evans – WR – Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Jeremy Hill – RB – Cincinnati Bengals
The official Minnesota Vikings twitter account broke the news of Bridgewater’s win. Here is the tweet they sent out:
The photo of Bridgewater being presented his trophy has been making the rounds on Facebook and Twitter. The trophy is a bit bigger than I expected and has a silver football on the top of it. While it is unlikely that Bridgewater will win the AP Rookie of the Year award to be presented at today’s NFL Honors ceremony, Bridgewater should enjoy that he was voted to win this award by football fans all around the world.
We at The Viking Age would like to congratulate Teddy Bridgewater and the Minnesota Vikings on the Pepsi Rookie of the Year win. Hopefully, he can add many more trophies (and hopefully rings) to his collection during his career with the Minnesota Vikings.
Next: Top 10 Biggest Vikings Salaries For 2015
More from The Viking Age
- 6 biggest draft steals in Minnesota Vikings history
- Former Vikings first-round pick could reportedly return to NFC North
- Bears analyst has extremely embarrassing Kirk Cousins take
- 6 Vikings who (maybe) won’t make the 53-man roster in 2023
- Predicting what the Vikings will do in the 2023 NFL Draft based on 2022