If Adrian Peterson is indeed traded by the Vikings in the coming days or weeks, there’s one landing spot the running back would reportedly prefer above the others.
More from Vikings Rumors
- Vikings Rumors: Minnesota was trying to trade Kirk Cousins at the Combine
- Vikings odds to trade for Lamar Jackson are soaring
- Vikings Rumors: Former Chiefs receiver is on Minnesota’s radar
- Vikings Rumors: Trade calls about Danielle Hunter have been made
- Vikings Rumors: Minnesota looking to shakeup their running back room
And that landing spot is…the Arizona Cardinals.
At least this is the report from Yahoo! Sports’ Charles Robinson.
Robinson later tweeted that Peterson also likes San Diego as a potential destination.
The Cardinals currently have only $13 million in cap space so taking on Peterson’s full $12.75 million salary would not be an option.
Peterson has reportedly said he would be willing to restructure his deal in order to make a trade happen. So that’s lucky.
Fitzgerald himself recently returned to Arizona after re-doing his deal. Is it possible he and Adrian have been consulting about their plans?
A trade would not be difficult to make here. Just have Adrian restructure his deal to make it work for Arizona, then tell Arizona to offer Rick Spielman a first round pick.
Adrian would be happy cause he’d be out of Minnesota. Rick would be happy because he would have another precious draft pick. The Cardinals would be happy cause they would have a potential #1 running back.
Everyone would be happy except Viking fans who still want Peterson. They would be the only aggrieved party left in the equation at that point.
More from The Viking Age
- 6 biggest draft steals in Minnesota Vikings history
- Former Vikings first-round pick could reportedly return to NFC North
- Bears analyst has extremely embarrassing Kirk Cousins take
- 6 Vikings who (maybe) won’t make the 53-man roster in 2023
- Predicting what the Vikings will do in the 2023 NFL Draft based on 2022