Vikings Rumors: CB Davon House Is On Minnesota’s Radar
By Dan Zinski
Is another disgruntled former Packer ready to pack his bags and head west into the welcoming arms of Purple Nation?
More from Vikings Rumors
- Vikings Rumors: Minnesota was trying to trade Kirk Cousins at the Combine
- Vikings odds to trade for Lamar Jackson are soaring
- Vikings Rumors: Former Chiefs receiver is on Minnesota’s radar
- Vikings Rumors: Trade calls about Danielle Hunter have been made
- Vikings Rumors: Minnesota looking to shakeup their running back room
Sources told FoxSportsWisconsin that the Green Bay Packers are unlikely to re-sign cornerback Davon House, and in fact as of last week the team had made no contact with House, who was reportedly “very surprised” by the lack of interest.
Enter the Vikings, who have reportedly shown interest in the 25-year-old former fourth-round pick out of New Mexico State.
Will interest in this case translate into action?
At 6-0, 195 lbs House certainly has the size to handle outside coverage duties in Mike Zimmer’s scheme. He’s also known as a strong, physical player who gets a good jam at the line.
The downside with House is his injury history, including shoulder problems in both 2012 and 2014.
When House was able to get on the field last year, he performed only well enough to rank as Pro Football Focus’ 22nd best free agent cornerback. That puts him right in the middle of the free agent pack.
However, House has shown an ability to produce when healthy, and he’s certainly young enough to still have lots of upside. For House to become a solid corner could be just a matter of getting him in a different workout routine and training him in a different scheme.
Whether the Vikings are really interested in House or his agent is just saying that, we don’t know. But House would be a player well worth taking a look at as a possible option at cornerback. The Vikings must upgrade from Josh Robinson on the outside.
Next: Vikings Had Interest In Devin McCourty
More from The Viking Age
- 6 biggest draft steals in Minnesota Vikings history
- Former Vikings first-round pick could reportedly return to NFC North
- Bears analyst has extremely embarrassing Kirk Cousins take
- 6 Vikings who (maybe) won’t make the 53-man roster in 2023
- Predicting what the Vikings will do in the 2023 NFL Draft based on 2022