The misbegotten Josh Freeman experiment is far in the Vikings’ rearview mirror now, a sad and distant memory from a pre-Teddy world where chaos reigned at the QB position and fans blundered around in the darkness of despair.
More from Vikings Rumors
- Vikings Rumors: Minnesota was trying to trade Kirk Cousins at the Combine
- Vikings odds to trade for Lamar Jackson are soaring
- Vikings Rumors: Former Chiefs receiver is on Minnesota’s radar
- Vikings Rumors: Trade calls about Danielle Hunter have been made
- Vikings Rumors: Minnesota looking to shakeup their running back room
Where is Josh Freeman today? Turns out he’s still trying to get back in the NFL. And it looks like his chances of landing a camp invite might be pretty good.
Freeman was last seen in camp with the Giants in 2014. He failed to even make it to the preseason after getting cut for reportedly not picking up the offense fast enough.
Freeman’s inability to pick up the offense was a major factor in his playing only one game during his ill-fated tenure in Minnesota as well. That one start, on a Monday night against the Giants, resulted in one of the worst QB performances in recent history.
Stories about Freeman’s terrible attitude circulated widely after he was dumped by the Vikings (we’re just guessing but the Vikings themselves probably leaked the stories out there). After last year’s quick exit from the Giants, it was fair to wonder if Freeman would ever get another look.
But if there’s one thing we’ve learned about the NFL, it’s that teams will always be willing to give a physically talented QB one more shot, provided that QB is not named Vince Young.
Given Freeman’s talent, it would not shock me to see him back in camp this year. Will Freeman ever get his mechanical issues sorted out to the point where he is able to produce at close to the level he briefly attained in Tampa Bay?
That is the question.
More from The Viking Age
- 6 biggest draft steals in Minnesota Vikings history
- Former Vikings first-round pick could reportedly return to NFC North
- Bears analyst has extremely embarrassing Kirk Cousins take
- 6 Vikings who (maybe) won’t make the 53-man roster in 2023
- Predicting what the Vikings will do in the 2023 NFL Draft based on 2022