Greg Jennings reportedly had the option of staying in Minnesota on a re-negotiated contract but elected instead to be cut loose and hit the uncertain waters of free agency.
More from Vikings Free Agency
- 3 moves the Vikings could still make in free agency in 2023
- 5 biggest surprises of Minnesota Vikings free agency in 2023
- 3 free agents the Vikings (might) regret not signing in 2023
- Vikings Free Agency 2023: Arrivals, departures, and rumors from Day 2
- Vikings Free Agency 2023: Arrivals, departures, and rumors from Day 1
Is there an NFL team out there that has a spot for Greg Jennings? That’s what Greg is trying to find out. The 31-year-old veteran has already hit Miami and Carolina and will next visit Jacksonville according to PFT.
People seem to think Jennings has gone off a cliff after his glory days in Green Bay but the receiver proved to still be pretty productive last year after settling in with Teddy Bridgewater.
Anyone looking at Jennings’ stats over his two years in Minnesota needs to keep in mind that he played with four different QBs over that span, two terrible (Ponder and Freeman), one adequate (Cassel) and one a rookie.
No doubt this is something Jennings has been bringing up with personnel people as he makes his visits.
Whatever team signs Jennings will get a receiver who can still get it done on the field in the right role, with a good QB throwing him the ball. And they will also get a veteran leader who is great in the community.
Despite all Jennings has going for him, scoring a job in the present veteran receiver market might be tough. That’s just reality for a 31-year-old wide-out trying to find work in a year where the draft class at receiver appears to be extra-loaded.
When all is said and done, Jennings might discover that he would have been better off staying in Minnesota for less money.
More from The Viking Age
- 6 biggest draft steals in Minnesota Vikings history
- Former Vikings first-round pick could reportedly return to NFC North
- Bears analyst has extremely embarrassing Kirk Cousins take
- 6 Vikings who (maybe) won’t make the 53-man roster in 2023
- Predicting what the Vikings will do in the 2023 NFL Draft based on 2022