Greg Jennings, the Dolphins have a spot for you.
More from Vikings Free Agency
- 3 moves the Vikings could still make in free agency in 2023
- 5 biggest surprises of Minnesota Vikings free agency in 2023
- 3 free agents the Vikings (might) regret not signing in 2023
- Vikings Free Agency 2023: Arrivals, departures, and rumors from Day 2
- Vikings Free Agency 2023: Arrivals, departures, and rumors from Day 1
After checking in with multiple teams, including the Saints, Jaguars and Panthers, former Vikings WR Jennings has landed in Miami on a deal worth a reported $8 million over 2 years.
Jennings was set to make $8.9 million for this year alone before the Vikings traded for former Dolphins WR Mike Wallace, making Jennings expendable.
The Vikings reportedly tried to work out a renegotiated contract with Jennings but the wide out elected to hit the free agent market instead.
Jennings was signed to a 5-year/$45 million contract by Minnesota in 2013 and proceeded to underwhelm in his two seasons with the team, producing just 1,546 receiving yards and 10 TDs in 31 games.
In Jennings’ defense, the Vikings’ QB situation was not exactly stable over the course of his two-year stint. You could argue that Jennings really only hit his stride late in year 2 after Teddy Bridgewater settled in.
The veteran made up for some of his lackluster on-field production by being a strong voice in the locker room and a solid citizen in the community.
Fact is, the Vikings never really wanted to sign Jennings in 2013 but were forced to turn to him after failing to land Mike Wallace.
Rick Spielman was able to rectify his swing-and-miss on Wallace by trading for the player this offseason. Swapping Jennings and his bloated contract for Wallace and his bloated contract will likely turn out to be a net gain for Minnesota, unless Wallace turns out to be a disruptive, sullen turd as he was in Miami and Pittsburgh.
More from The Viking Age
- 6 biggest draft steals in Minnesota Vikings history
- Former Vikings first-round pick could reportedly return to NFC North
- Bears analyst has extremely embarrassing Kirk Cousins take
- 6 Vikings who (maybe) won’t make the 53-man roster in 2023
- Predicting what the Vikings will do in the 2023 NFL Draft based on 2022