Fans of the Minnesota Vikings that have grown accustomed to listening to the games on their radio got some great news recently as it was announced that the team and iHeartMedia have signed a 5 year extension on their current deal.
Dec 21, 2014; Miami Gardens, FL, USA; Minnesota Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer looks during the second half against the Miami Dolphins at Sun Life Stadium. The Dolphins won 37-35. Mandatory Credit: Steve Mitchell-USA TODAY Sports
According to StarTribune.com, this extension means that the radio broadcasts of the Minnesota Vikings football games will continue to air on the KFAN (100.3 FM) and KTLK (1130 AM) stations. The article says that the 2015 NFL season will mark the 15th year in a row that KFAN radio will serve as the flagship for the Minnesota Vikings Radio Network.
The extension not only keeps the Vikings games on those radio stations, but it also continues the programs that are created by the two in their joint efforts. It also maintains all the on-air, online, app streaming services available for fans.
Friday night is the second night of the 2015 NFL Draft and to honor this renewed partnership, iHeartMedia will be broadcasting live from the New Stadium Preview Center including “The Voice of the Vikings” Paul Allen. Here is the broadcasting schedule for the events (all times are central time):
- KFAN’s Paul Allen – 9:00-noon
- KOOL 108’s Lee Valsvik – noon-2:00 p.m.
- K102’s Muss – 3:00-6:00 p.m.
More from The Viking Age
- 6 biggest draft steals in Minnesota Vikings history
- Former Vikings first-round pick could reportedly return to NFC North
- Bears analyst has extremely embarrassing Kirk Cousins take
- 6 Vikings who (maybe) won’t make the 53-man roster in 2023
- Predicting what the Vikings will do in the 2023 NFL Draft based on 2022