Minnesota Vikings vs Dallas Cowboys: Preseason game review
By Adam Carlson
Aug 29, 2015; Arlington, TX, USA; Minnesota Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer prior to the game against the Dallas Cowboys at AT&T Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Matthew Emmons-USA TODAY Sports
Overall, I feel that the Minnesota Vikings had a decent outing, but I would have liked to have seen the first team offense reach the end zone. Even though that didn’t happen, I was encouraged by the long pass from Bridgewater to Mike Wallace. Getting these two young men on the same page could be a very important part of the team’s future.
At times, the game looked rough, but the Vikings pulled their first team early in order to get a better look at the younger guys before cut day and ensure the health of the team. Watching Dallas dominate the Minnesota backups for much of the second quarter was hard to watch, but remembering that it wasn’t two starting teams going head to head helps put that in perspective.
We still don’t have answers as to the struggles of Blair Walsh and we can add a very puzzling performance from Shaun Hill to the list of strange things. However, neither one concerns me more than the huge disappointment that I am feeling from watching Jerick McKinnon this year.
Not mentioned in the good, bad, and confusing:
- I think Taylor Heinicke may have locked up the QB3 duties in this game.
- Running back DuJuan Harris just has to go. And Banyard’s days might be numbered with Williams playing so well.
- Robert Blanton took a HORRIBLE angle on a Terrence Williams catch that led to a touchdown.
- Audie Cole dominated on the third team, where better players are supposed to shine. I don’t think he is in the doghouse of the Vikings.
- Darren McFadden averaged 9.2 yards per carry against the Vikings. Seriously. McFadden. Yuck.
- Other Vikings that had good games: DT Tom Johnson, LB Gerald Hodges, LB Eric Kendricks, DE Danielle Hunter, TE Chase Ford, RB Joe Banyard.
What did you guys think? Let me know what you thought of the game in the comments below.
Next: Minnesota Vikings 2015 Game By Game Previews
More from The Viking Age
- 6 biggest draft steals in Minnesota Vikings history
- Former Vikings first-round pick could reportedly return to NFC North
- Bears analyst has extremely embarrassing Kirk Cousins take
- 6 Vikings who (maybe) won’t make the 53-man roster in 2023
- Predicting what the Vikings will do in the 2023 NFL Draft based on 2022