September 14, 2015; Santa Clara, CA, USA; Minnesota Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewater (5) runs with the football past San Francisco 49ers inside linebacker NaVorro Bowman (53) during the third quarter at Levi
“Embarrassing.” “Not like us.” “A reality check.” Vikings players and coaches have used plenty of different words to describe Monday night’s performance against San Francisco.
I’ll just go ahead and call it a massive stinkfest that made a lot of Viking fans wonder why they ever believed this team was legitimately a playoff sleeper.
But of course it’s way too early to just give up on the purple. One game is one game. Monday night may ultimately prove to have been a total anomaly.
Let’s hope it was an anomaly because if the team we saw Monday night is the real Vikings?
More from Minnesota Vikings News
- Former Vikings first-round pick could reportedly return to NFC North
- Bears analyst has extremely embarrassing Kirk Cousins take
- 6 Vikings who (maybe) won’t make the 53-man roster in 2023
- Predicting what the Vikings will do in the 2023 NFL Draft based on 2022
- Vikings have reportedly begun extension talks with T.J. Hockenson
If the Vikings are going to get their mojo back after being flattened in San Francisco, it goes without saying they will need to play much better against Detroit this weekend.
These are my five specific players to watch as the Vikings try to turn around their fortunes against a very familiar opponent.
Everyone on this list was a culprit in Monday night’s flop and everyone on this list should be 100% motivated to get things righted.