Minnesota Vikings: Full list of 2016 NFL Draft picks
By Adam Carlson
The Minnesota Vikings will have 8 selections in the 2016 NFL Draft, find out where the team will be selecting by looking at the full list of picks available.
The NFL Draft is a magical time. Fans all around the world are glued to their televisions watching to see what college players will be joining their favorite football teams and hope that they can become stars in the league. The Minnesota Vikings will have a chance to capture some of that magic, as they own 8 selections in the 2016 NFL Draft.
With the compensatory picks having been distributed, each team now knows the draft picks that they own. Sadly, the Vikings didn’t pick up any extra selections through the compensatory process, so they will only have the seven selections given to them along with one extra that was obtained through trade.
Related Story: 2016 NFL Draft Profile: Sheldon Rankins, DT Louisville
Of course, the big attention on draft day goes to the first round selection. This is where the biggest names in the NFL Draft are selected and made NFL players. Last year, Minnesota turned their #11 overall pick into Michigan State cornerback Trae Waynes, but who will be the Vikings first round pick in 2016?
Here is the full list of draft picks available for the Minnesota Vikings in the 2016 NFL Draft according to the Vikings.com website.
More from The Viking Age
- 6 biggest draft steals in Minnesota Vikings history
- Former Vikings first-round pick could reportedly return to NFC North
- Bears analyst has extremely embarrassing Kirk Cousins take
- 6 Vikings who (maybe) won’t make the 53-man roster in 2023
- Predicting what the Vikings will do in the 2023 NFL Draft based on 2022
- Round 1: pick 23 (23rd overall)
- Round 2: pick 23 (54th overall)
- Round 3: pick 23 (86th overall)
- Round 4: pick 23 (121st overall)
- Round 5: pick 23 (160th overall)
- Round 6: pick 5 (198th overall)
- Round 7: pick 19 (240th overall)
- Round 7: pick 23 (244th overall)
The 2016 NFL Draft will be held from April 28th-30th from Auditorium Theatre in Chicago, Illinois. Fans can watch the events unfold live on ESPN or NFL Network, which will both have their teams of analysts on hand to evaluate the selections and discuss the impact that these young football players will have on the teams that select them.
Next: Josh Doctson could be Vikings draft target
We at The Viking Age can’t wait to see what direction the Minnesota Vikings go with their picks in the 2016 NFL Draft. With the team showing so much promise last year by winning the NFC North, selecting the right players could help to take the team to the next level.