#5. Get after the football
The easiest way to win a football game is to take the football away from your opponent. Minnesota is sitting at a +12 turnover differential, so it’s clear this is something the team does pretty well.
More from The Viking Age
- 6 biggest draft steals in Minnesota Vikings history
- Former Vikings first-round pick could reportedly return to NFC North
- Bears analyst has extremely embarrassing Kirk Cousins take
- 6 Vikings who (maybe) won’t make the 53-man roster in 2023
- Predicting what the Vikings will do in the 2023 NFL Draft based on 2022
Through 9 games, the Vikings have accumulated 10 interceptions, 8 forced fumbles, and 8 fumble recoveries, scoring twice off the takeaways. The Minnesota offense could really use the help putting points on the board against the Cardinals established offense.
Minnesota will have some opportunities to take the ball away in week 11. The Arizona Cardinals have 16 fumbles (tied for 3rd most) and have thrown 10 interceptions (tied for 7th most) through 9 games.
Fans of the Vikings know that the success of the team will lie with the defense playing great football, the offense being efficient, and making some big plays on special teams, so getting takeaways would be huge.
Don’t miss the Minnesota Vikings taking on the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday, November 20, 2016. The week 11 contest should be considered a must-win for the Vikings, as they need to snap that 4 game losing streak.