Harrison Smith is one of the best safeties in the NFL, and he’s proving it again this year. He has been brilliant most of the season at deleting the big plays for opposing teams. He flies around the field like a hawk and the kid also packs a punch.
More from The Viking Age
- 6 biggest draft steals in Minnesota Vikings history
- Former Vikings first-round pick could reportedly return to NFC North
- Bears analyst has extremely embarrassing Kirk Cousins take
- 6 Vikings who (maybe) won’t make the 53-man roster in 2023
- Predicting what the Vikings will do in the 2023 NFL Draft based on 2022
Smith leads all Vikings with 73 total tackles. Add on 2 sacks and you see why he is considered one of the top defenders in the league. He proves his intelligence of the game week in and week out.
On November 6, the Lions killed the Vikings with big plays. If the big plays are eliminated, the Vikings win the game. In the week 12 rematch, Harrison Smith will need to help to stop those big plays.
Expect Smith to play with some fire in his eyes, extracting revenge on the NFC North rival. He is a the leader of this secondary, and the Vikings need him to step up in a big way on Thanksgiving.
In conclusion, the Vikings need success from their passing game and pass rush defense. If Sam Bradford can add his tight end to his list of weapons, expect him to find a lot of success. If the Vikes’ front 7 can get a lot of pressure on Matthew Stafford, expect some mistakes by him. In comes Harrison Smith, who could take advantage of those mistakes. Let’s take over the NFC North!