Who will be missing action on Saturday, December 24, 2016 and which injured Minnesota Vikings players have a chance of suiting up? Check the injury report!
Injuries continue to hit the Minnesota Vikings hard during the 2016. With an astounding number of players on injured reserve and many players trying to play through the pain, this has been a difficult season for the team.
Week 16 looks even more rough for the Vikings, as they need to pull off a win on the road against the Green Bay Packers. However, they will have to accomplish that feat without some of the big names on the payroll.
- Brandon Fusco, RG – concussion
- Zach Line, FB – concussion
- Adrian Peterson, RB – knee/groin
- Laquon Treadwell, WR – ankle
- Stefon Diggs, WR – hip
- Harrison Smith, S – ankle
Of course, the big news here is that Adrian Peterson will not be available. After playing only one game since returning from injured reserve, he will be sitting out a do or die game for the Vikings. The loss of fullback Zach Line is bad news for the running game, and it is disappointing that Treadwell won’t be available.
More from The Viking Age
- 6 biggest draft steals in Minnesota Vikings history
- Former Vikings first-round pick could reportedly return to NFC North
- Bears analyst has extremely embarrassing Kirk Cousins take
- 6 Vikings who (maybe) won’t make the 53-man roster in 2023
- Predicting what the Vikings will do in the 2023 NFL Draft based on 2022
Green Bay Packers
- Jayrone Elliott, LB – hand
- James Starks, RB – concussion
- Randall Cobb, WR – ankle
- Nick Perry, LB – hand
- Damarious Randall, CB – shoulder
- J.C. Tretter, OL – knee
The Packers have done well with Ty Montgomery at running back, so they shouldn’t miss Starks too much. However, Green Bay will want to have both Cobb and Perry available, since both of the players can make a big difference with explosive plays.
Now, there is a good idea of who the Minnesota Vikings will have available during their game against the Packers. With a good chance Harrison Smith returns to the team, hopefully the team’s defense can get some work done against Aaron Rodgers and the rest of the squad from Green Bay.