Minnesota Vikings safety Harrison Smith was apparently one of the nicest people in America during 2016, at least according to the National League of Junior Cotillions.
Recently, Minnesota Vikings safety Harrison Smith was bestowed with one of the greatest honors that one can receive in society today. Oh, and he was voted to the Pro Bowl too.
The National League of Junior Cotillions included Smith on their list of “Ten Best-Mannered People” of 2016. Minnesota’s safety was included in the publication due to, “being known as the NFL’s most anonymous star and an example of great sportsmanship.”
In a bit of an upset, Smith was listed as number nine out of ten. Ranked ahead of him were a number of well known American personalities such as gymnast Simone Biles, actor Matt Damon, golfer Rory McIlroy, and politician Ben Carson among others.
More from The Viking Age
- 6 biggest draft steals in Minnesota Vikings history
- Former Vikings first-round pick could reportedly return to NFC North
- Bears analyst has extremely embarrassing Kirk Cousins take
- 6 Vikings who (maybe) won’t make the 53-man roster in 2023
- Predicting what the Vikings will do in the 2023 NFL Draft based on 2022
The official rankings are listed below.
- Simone Biles, gymnast
- Matt Damon, actor
- Rory McIlroy, golfer
- Missy Franklin, swimmer
- Chris Wallace, news anchor
- Ben Carson, politician
- Christine Caine, activist
- Pat Summitt, former basketball coach
- Harrison Smith, Vikings safety
- Malia and Sasha Obama, the President’s daughters
Smith can at least go to sleep at night knowing that he was ranked ahead of President Obama’s daughters, Malia and Sasha. Hopefully, the Minnesota safety can beef up his strength of schedule next year to get a higher ranking in 2017.