What events will be going on in Minnesota to celebrate the area hosting Super Bowl 52 during Handoff Week? Here is the Minnesota Vikings schedule of events!
With Super Bowl 51 coming to a close and the Patriots crowned champions, the focus of the big game now shifts from Houston, Texas to Minneapolis, where the Minnesota Vikings will play host to the biggest spectacle in sports.
Now, the state of Minnesota and the team will need to work hard to prepare for the arrival of people from all over the world for Super Bowl 52 on February 4, 2018, including providing events and activities for fans.
But first, it is time to transition from Houston to Minneapolis. Recently, the official Minnesota Vikings website handed down the schedule of events for Handoff Week. Here is what is going on for fans to enjoy:
Monday, February 6, 2017
- 6 pm – Lighting up Minneapolis: U.S. Bank Stadium, the 35W bridge, the Lowry Avenue bridge, IDS building and other Minnesota landmarks will light up downtown Minneapolis for all to enjoy.
Tuesday, February 7, 2017
- 2-4 pm – Celebrate the Bold North: Ice sculptures will be on display with complimentary coffee for guests and some “other surprises” included at the U.S. Bank Stadium Downtown East Plaza.
More from The Viking Age
- 6 biggest draft steals in Minnesota Vikings history
- Former Vikings first-round pick could reportedly return to NFC North
- Bears analyst has extremely embarrassing Kirk Cousins take
- 6 Vikings who (maybe) won’t make the 53-man roster in 2023
- Predicting what the Vikings will do in the 2023 NFL Draft based on 2022
Wednesday, Feb. 8, 2017
- 12:30 pm – Legacy Fund Kickoff Press Conference: The Minnesota Super Bowl Host Committee will issue its first of 52 weekly health and wellness grants and open up questions to the media at Theodore Wirth Park.
Thursday, Feb. 9, 2017
- Surprise & Delight: This seems like a fun one! Crew 52 will be making the round around the metro area delighting residents with surprises and gifts to celebrate the countdown.
Friday, Feb. 10, 2017
- 5 – 7 pm – “Show us Your Bold” Rally: The rotunda of Mall of America will come alive when Minnesota Vikings cheerleaders, Skol Line and Vikings players gather to celebrate Super Bowl 52 coming to Minnesota.
If you only make one of these events, it should be the “Show us Your Bold” rally. That should be one heck of an event with many fans, players, and team representatives on hand. It should be a lot of fun for fans of the Minnesota Vikings.