There were some great performances from Minnesota Vikings players during the week 3 preseason game against the 49ers. Here is Pro Football Focus’ top 5!
The Minnesota Vikings week 3 preseason game was put on a national stage when their contest against the San Francisco 49ers aired from U.S. Bank Stadium on Sunday Night Football on August 27, 2017.
It took some last second heroics by the Vikings to come away with a win, but there was a lot more than just a win or loss on the line for many of these players hoping to make a name for themselves or tighten their grip on a roster spot, as they were being closely evaluated by the franchise.
Here are the top 5 grades from Vikings players from Minnesota’s week 3 preseason game against the San Francisco 49ers according to Pro Football Focus:
More from The Viking Age
- 6 biggest draft steals in Minnesota Vikings history
- Former Vikings first-round pick could reportedly return to NFC North
- Bears analyst has extremely embarrassing Kirk Cousins take
- 6 Vikings who (maybe) won’t make the 53-man roster in 2023
- Predicting what the Vikings will do in the 2023 NFL Draft based on 2022
TOP 5 VIKINGS GRADES:
- QB Case Keenum, 84.8 overall grade
- ED Danielle Hunter, 83.4 overall grade
- QB Sam Bradford, 82.9 overall grade
- DI Datone Jones, 81.1 overall grade
- CB Jabari Price, 81.1 overall grade
The quarterback play was strong, with Taylor Heinicke leading the game winning drive and Keenum ending the day with the top PFF score for the team. Meanwhile, Bradford clocked in at #3 on the list despite two drops from Diggs and only one other incomplete pass while failing to lead a drive to the end zone.
But perhaps the most loving praise came from PFF talking about defensive end Danielle Hunter and his role in the future of the franchise:
"“Hunter showed why he is one of the main catalysts for the exciting Vikings defense with his pass rushing skills. In the first half he recorded two pressures rushing the passer off of the left side. Hunter was the best Viking defender among the starters and finished the game with a 83.9 pass rushing grade.”"
Who do you think deserved to be among the 5 best rated players for the Minnesota Vikings during their week 3 preseason game against the San Francisco 49ers? Leave your thoughts in the comments section below.